Celebrating our Women; Meet Devotha
This women’s month, we are celebrating the wonderful work that the ladies of Asiliado on a daily basis.
Get to know our lovely Devotha Malimi in the blog piece below and be sure to check back for posts on some of the other incredible women we are so blessed to work with!
– Tell us a bit about yourself and what it is that you do?
My name is Devotha Simon Malimi, I am 34 years old, HR Managerbased in Tanzania.
– How did your journey with Asilia begin?
I started working for Asilia in July 2008 as a Receptionist, in 2009 I was promoted to theHR administrator and am loving it.
– What is the one thing a woman cannot live without?
A good lipstick – well that is what I think every woman needs!
– What is your favorite thing about your job?
I absolutely love having the opportunity to give council and advice to my fellow colleagues, it gives me purpose.
– If you could give young women one piece of advice, what would it be?
It would be to concentrate and focus on education, learn good things from your elders or other people and grow by being themselves.
–Who is the woman you most admireand why?
My mam – she recognised her position in our family and community in general and raised us in a way that we could fit in any community.