Things to do in Arusha
Arusha is a green and leafy relaxing place to spend a day or two. See some of the activities you can enjoy in Arusha below.
Where to eat
- For a nyama choma (barbecued meat) lunch, head to Khan’s Barbeque or Nick’s Pub. The grilled meats are typically served with ugali (similar to polenta) and kachumbari (tomato and onion salad).
- There is a large Indian population in East Africa. Sample Indian cuisine at Hot Plate, which offers various vegetarian and meat options.
- The Blue Heron is a popular cafe for breakfast or lunch, serving fresh pastries and sandwiches.
- Across the street from The Blue Heron is Le Patio, another popular choice with a pretty garden and al fresco bar. It has good burgers, pizzas, sandwiches and a large wine selection.
- Try the sharing dishes or platters at Abyssinia, considered the best place for Ethiopian cuisine in Arusha. The food is designed to be eaten with your hands and scooped up with flatbread.