We are delighted to be acknowledged by Responsible Tourism Tanzania in their 2nd Responsible Tourism Awards who believe in a sustainable approach to tourism in Tanzania. The awards recognize and reward innovations in responsible tourism with an emphasis on innovations that take care of the environment, local people and cultures, impact on women and youth empowerment and positive contributions to the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals.
We are incredibly proud to have taken home 5 different awards at this year’s ceremony:
- Best in Female Empowerment and Gender Support Winner 2019 – Dunia
- Best in Supporting Conservation Efforts Winner 2019 – Rubondo Island Camp
- Best in Climate Action Winner 2019 – Asilia Lodges and Camps
- Best in Resource Efficiency 1st Runner Up – Jabali Ridge
- Best in Supporting Youth Empowerment and Future Leaders in Conservation 1st Runner Up – Little Oliver’s
Responsible Tourism Tanzania and the sponsors of the awards both appreciate and acknowledge the exceptional effort that the tourism stakeholders make towards Tanzania’s environment and economy. It was unanimously agreed that if we, as Tanzania’s tourism stakeholder, commit ourselves to putting the environmental agenda at the top of the table, we will all become winners!