7 Day Romantic Itinerary: Safari and Zanzibar
An African honeymoon is unlike any other as it offers the perfect combination of adventure and relaxation. From thrilling game drives through wilderness areas and evenings under a canopy of stars, to island life of sandy white beaches, tropical waters and lazy days on the shores of the Indian Ocean – there is something for everyone.
Tanzania is lucky to offer visitors a wealth of different wilderness and coastal destinations, so in this itinerary we wanted to present you with two differing bush beach combinations to choose from. The first includes your classic bucket-list destinations of the Serengeti and Zanzibar, while the other is a more off the beaten path, offering more exclusivity on the southern circuit with the watery wilderness of Nyerere National Park combined with your own private island, Fanjove, located south of the Mafia Archipelago.
Please note: our itineraries start you off by providing ideas on how to combine camps, regions and a range of experiences. Enquire when ready, and our expert staff will help customise your dream safari holiday that meets all your travel requirements.
1 June - 14 March
'CLASSIC' from US$5,336
'EXCLUSIVE' from US$5,138
both are per person sharing
Serengeti National Park, Nyerere National Park, Islands
CLASSIC: Kogatende airstrip, Serengeti
EXCLUSIVE: Mbuyu airstrip, Nyerere National Park
Dar es Salaam airport
or Zanzibar airport
CLASSIC HONEYMOON HEAVEN UNIQUE EXPERIENCES
- Maximise your chances of seeing the Great Migration cross the Mara River by staying at Sayari, the closest camp to the banks of the river.
- Try a selection of unique beers at Sayari which is home to an innovative solar-powered micro-brewery, the first of its kind in the bush.
- Learn more about the Kuria culture with a day trip to the nearby Merenga village, located just outside the Serengeti National Park.
- Enjoy total exclusivity during your stay at Matemwe Retreat – your secluded and stylish villa comes with a rooftop plunge pool and private butler service.
- Matemwe Retreat has prime position on the island of Zanzibar, snorkeling on the world renowned coral reefs that surround Mnemba Island are only a 30 minute boat ride away.
In this classic bush and beach combination it’s an all Asilia itinerary with:
3 nights Sayari Camp, Serengeti National Park
3 nights Matemwe Retreat, Zanzibar