During the COVID-19 pandemic we created flexible terms and conditions to reassure anyone wishing to book a safari.
Read our flexible cancellation policy.
As travel begins to resume and guests return to our camps, it is our top priority to ensure both you and our staff feel safe without compromising the quality, hospitality and excitement that you’ve come to expect of a safari with Asilia Africa. Now more than ever, we’re taking new steps to take care of our people and our guests — it’s the Asilia way.
Read more about our hygiene protocols in camp.
For those set to travel soon, please remember to check with your government travel advisories as well as your international airline carrier regarding COVID-19 test requirements for travel to East Africa, as the information is changing regularly. All travellers destined for Kenya need to fill in this pre-arrival form before travel.
Our flexible cancellation policies
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Asilia Africa has created flexible terms and conditions to reassure travellers wishing to book their safaris. The current terms based on bookings confirmed from 17th December 2020 onwards are below.
If a traveller needs to cancel due to COVID-19 reasons, the following special terms will apply for the Asilia Africa accommodation:
- Booking date until 30 days before arrival - 20% deposit is refunded or opt to postpone trip to future dates and move the full value to new dates
- 29 days - 14 days before arrival - 50% cancellation or opt to postpone trip to future dates and move the full value to new dates
- 13 days until arrival date - 100% cancellation, we recommend claiming on travel insurance
Please note the following conditions for these flexible terms:
- 20% deposit must be paid to secure the booking and final balance paid 60 days before arrival.
- COVID-19 reasons for cancellations are limited to:
- Change in government travel advisory between point of booking and time of travel by country of traveller’s residence
- Change in entry requirements by destination country which prevents travellers from arriving
- Cancellation of international flight or change in date of flights by airline by more than 48 hrs
- Travellers receiving a positive COVID-19 test which prevents travel is not covered under these terms - travellers need to take out suitable travel insurance to cover them for this instance.
- Valid for new bookings confirmed on or after 17th December 2020 onwards, for any future travel dates. Bookings confirmed prior to this date will have different terms - please contact your travel agent or Asilia for clarity.
- Special terms are for Asilia Africa camps and lodges only. Other services (e.g. light aircraft flights) and other accommodation are subject to their own cancellation terms which will be passed on in the event of cancellation or postponement, as these are not within Asilia Africa’s control.
- Subject to change as the COVID-19 pandemic evolves further.
Why travel with Asilia AfricaAbout Us
Situated in the very best locations within prime game-viewing areas.
Our safaris are immersive, authentic and engaging.
Our team welcomes you with warmth and makes you feel at home with genuine African hospitality.
Protecting our wilderness areas and the surrounding communities is a key part of who we are.
Depend on us
Our expert on-the-ground teams will safeguard your trip, ensuring all runs smoothly.
Commitment to quality
Rely on us to arrange anything you may need, with a superb level of quality throughout.
Our internationally recognised team has a genuine passion to share Africa with you.